Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Sell Your Art: Thinking Outside the Box


     

    As an artist or photographer trying to sell your art, you've probably found out by now that there are hundreds of thousands of other creatives doing the same thing. Not to mention all the sites offering free images.  What does that mean? To me it means that if I'm going to make it, I had better find the path I'm supposed to be on and also be creative in how I sell my art. 

    If you have a great imagination, the possibilities are endless. One of the ways to use and sell your art is by selling a certain product using your images. Some ideas include refrigerator magnets, t-shirts, embroidered towels or baby clothes, furniture you've decorated with your art. 

    My father-in-law loves to do this sort of thing. I think he's painted, stenciled, decorated, glued gems on everything in the house that sits still long enough. So far, my mother-in-law and the dog have not been decorated- I think it's cause they keep moving. :) 

    I keep telling him he should have a store where he could sell his creations, because eventually he always runs out of things in the house to decorate. 

    Of course there is a lot more to it than this. Your art has to appeal to your niche audience, you need a quality product and a good marketing strategy.  However, if you are looking for more ways to generate income from your art, hopefully this post will get you started brainstorming.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment