Thursday, April 12, 2012

How I Gave My Bright Pink Flower a Soft Painted Look Using Gimp

By Lorene Troyer


I was working on a Mother's Day Project in Gimp and I needed a soft pink flower to finish my look.
The flower I had was bright pink so after several attempts I found a way to soften the look.

I opened the image of my isolated flower. Next I duplicated the layer.
I then right clicked on the flower in the top layer and chose Alpha to Selection.
Then I opened Color Selection Dialogue and picked a color pink that was several shades lighter then my flower.
I picked the bucket tool, and left the Fill Similar Colors option  selected.
Next I filled the flower (in the top layer) with the light pink color- I had to click in several places to get the color distributed evenly.
I then went to Filters >  Blur >  Gaussian blur which I set around 13.
After deselecting it, I lowered the opacity of the top flower and ta da! There it was.    





No comments:

Post a Comment