Saturday, August 11, 2012

Free Commercial Fonts

By Lorene

One of my favorite websites to get free commercial fonts is at Font Squirrel.   They have a big selection and I can usually find what I need. I personally do not like to download fonts that cannot be used for commercial use.

Have you ever spent 5 hours creating the perfect logo, only to find out later that the font you used is only licensed for personal use. Not a good feeling. Since the majority of my designs usually end up for sale somewhere on the Internet-  I just find it simpler not to deal with fonts that can only be used for personal use.

Another place to get free commercial fonts is at FontSpace- however they also have non-commercial fonts so I need to pay attention to my selections. One way to make sure I'm only looking at the commercial fonts is to use the filter options button.

Another great resource for free commercial fonts is found at Google Web Fonts. These fonts were primarily intended to be used to design web pages but can also be used in other graphics.  

You might also check out Dafont but again, pay attention, because not all their free fonts can be used commercially.

No comments:

Post a Comment