Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Gimp Techniques: How to Create a Ric Rac Border in Gimp

by Lorene Troyer

Gimp is such an amazing program... I am so grateful for all the people who have made it possible... Anyway I thought I'd share an easy technique for creating a ric rac border in Gimp.

1. Open a new document.

2. Make a new transparent layer.

3. Choose the rectangle selection tool and make a narrow strip

4. Fill it with your color of choice.



5. Go to menu > select> none.

6. Next go to menu> filters> distorts> ripple. Select vertical for orientation and set the period parameter to about 30.



7. To give it some texture- from the menu select filters> artistic> apply canvas (I set the depth to 3).

8.You can also apply a drop shadow effect.  Filters> light and shadow> drop shadow (I put a 2 in each of the parameter boxes.)


No comments:

Post a Comment