Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Greeting Card Universe Review: My First Card Sale


I signed up to be an artist at Greeting Card Universe back in June this year. I really didn't do anything with it at first, but I finally submitted a few cards.

I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly my first card sold. Needless to say, I am quite excited about this opportunity. I believe it's a way for me to learn about card design, hone my designing skills and take careful note of what sells and what doesn't.   
My first card sale 
I was also happy with the feedback they gave me for a card that was not accepted- they told me exactly what to do to bring it up to par.

It's completely free to join and they take care of all the details- printing, e-commerce etc. You can earn up to 56 cents a card.  If you are interested in creating cards to sell, maybe this is a way to get started. 

Update: The commission structure has since been changed- artists get half of what we used to, unless we earn a certain amount of money in each quarter.  To meet this quota, I've been told we need to sell 428 cards for each of quarters 1-3 and 857 cards for the 4th quarter.

If you don't want to create cards, you can also make money by selling them. You get a 12% commission.

My enthusiasm may be a bit premature since I have not been with them very long but so far I really like this company.

1 comment:

  1. I've just joined gcu and was doing a search to see if they're still well-reviewed by artists (to see if it's worth uploading there) - I'm feeling positive about it after reading your post! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete