Monday, November 4, 2013

Use of Public Domain Images, Part Two



 
Awhile back I wrote a post on how I used an image from a public domain site and created a new image using Gimp. Today I'll show another example and hopefully inspire you to come up with your own creations. 

I found this cute little penguin at Pixabay.




I duplicated him, elongated the body, made the wings point downward, changed his eyes and straightened out the beak. I played around till I came up with my version of the little penguin's dad. (Don't laugh- I was having fun :)



Then I found some other clip art elements, a fishing pole and fish, from clkr.com. They 
needed a few tweaks to make them work.


 



Last I added some hats, a background and a credit line and there you have it- isn't that fun?





I put the design on Zazzle and Cafepress to see if it would generate any responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment